Shared Interest Groups (SIGS)
SHARED INTEREST GROUPS (SIGs)
A Shared Interest Group (SIG) brings together members who focus on a certain area of interest and enjoy social interaction. You must be an OLLI Gold Member to participate in a SIG. Each SIG is led by a group member known as the Facilitator. Joining a SIG is a great way to make new friends and socialize with people who have interests similar to your own. Once you have a Gold Membership, there is no fee to join a SIG.
HOW DO I JOIN A SIG?
- Choose your SIG from our website – olliatringlingcollege.org; select “Shared Interest Groups” from the column on the right.
- Become a Gold Member – olliatringlingcollege.org/join
- Email the SIG facilitator to get the schedule and other specifics.
- Come to the next scheduled gathering.
HOW DO I START A SIG?
- Be an OLLI Gold Member – olliatringlingcollege.org/join
- Download a SIG Proposal form from our website, or call the office at 941-309-5111, or email email@example.com to request a SIG Proposal form.
- Return the completed form to the office. Any questions may be directed to Rhonda at 941-309-5116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We welcome suggestions for new SIGs and are looking for Facilitators to get new SIGs started.
Current Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
Mad About Crafts (MACS)
Craft lovers, your time has come. This SIG welcomes do-it-yourselfers with interests in jewelry making, sewing, quilting, knitting, scrapbooking, card making and more. Come share your skills and learn some new things too.
Resumes January 2019.
Facilitator: Beth Grindal, email@example.com
Craks! Bams! Dots! Join us once a month for a friendly game of Mah Jongg. All levels of experience are welcome, especially beginners. You will need a current Mah Jongg card. Contact the facilitator for time and location.
Facilitator: Ellie Davidson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meets 3-5:15 p.m. every Tuesday. Contact the Facilitator for location details.
Current Events / World Affairs
Meets 3-4:30 pm • First & Third Tuesdays of the month at Temple Beth Sholom. Contact Facilitator to be included on the WAIT LIST.
Facilitator: Jay Rixse, email@example.com
Thrift Shopping Group
Meets 10 am-1 pm • Second Saturday of the month, September through April
Here’s an opportunity to meet new friends as we shop for deals at the best resale shops in the area. Over lunch, we’ll share our discoveries and enjoy great conversations.